Work: Upper West Side Residence
Located on the Manhattan’s Upper West Side on a tree-lined block adjacent to Central Park, two apartment units were gut renovated, combined, and fully renovated into a single 2,600 ft2 eclectic apartment with three bedrooms; three full baths; an office; living room; dining room; kitchen; laundry room; ample, and optimized, storage spaces; new walnut solid wood flooring and carpentry; built-in millwork desks, bookcases, and benches; custom wall coverings, audio / visual systems, and lighting fixtures throughout.
Design services extended from complete gut renovation to interior design services with custom furniture and upholstery selections, carpets, window treatment, lamps and accessories for the apartment. Every room of the apartment was completely unique and styled to reflect the client eclectic sensibilities with taste transitioning from modern to classic to romantic to whimsical.
• Design decision to demolition several interior walls opened the space and allowed natural light to flood the apartment. This also opened views into Central Park that were otherwise obscured by the previous narrow room widths of the pre-war apartment layouts.
• custom-designed wall pattern using a 3-toned aluminum metal tile in the “jazz” bathroom replete with teak flooring and enormous custom shower room, created an aurally pleasing acoustic environment for ‘singing in the shower.’
• Marble and natural stone surfaces in bathrooms, kitchen and laundry
• Dimmable LED cove lighting illuminates a gold-leaf ceiling above the 10-person dining table and crystal chandelier
• a custom wallcovering as focal art, 'Lady of Easy Virtue', from Swedish artist Lisa Bengtsson
• coordination of more than 14 different shades of wall and ceiling paint, 5 wallcoverings (2 custom designed), and over two dozen upholsteries and fabrics on new and refurbished furniture